Terms and conditions of hire
London TukTuks (referred as the trading name) undertakes to hire TukTuk/TukTuks to the Client (the company booking
and paying for the service) for the period of hire under the following terms and conditions:
- London TukTuks undertakes to hire Tuktuk/Tuktuks to the Client (the company paying for the service) for the period of hire, under the
following terms and conditions:
- LondonTuktuk does not private hire service! We cannot accept payment from passengers! But we could provide free rides for promotional and marketing purposes!
- Our Vehicles are not Hackney carriages! Our vehicles can only be hired for promotional purposes!
- The material contained in this document is provided for general information only and does not constitute acceptance of any bookings that may be made. We accept no responsibility for loss which may arise from reliance on information contained in this leaflet or from any tuktuk bookings made in this leaflet.
- Payment is required in full prior to the booking date.
- Minimum charge of £745 applies to all daily bookings booked through The Company.
- Your Booking is confirmed on receipt of a Booking Fee.
- Booking Fees are neither refundable nor transferable.
- Quote given in writing will only be valid for 30 days.
- The Company may in its absolute discretion without liability and without giving reason refuse to accept any booking.
- Acceptance of our services is acceptance of contract.
- No tuktuk will be permitted to commence hire until paid for in full unless otherwise agreed by the Company.
- Settlement is due in advance of the booking or 7 days from invoice date, which ever occurs sooner.
- Every effort will be made by the Company to ensure that tuktuk(s) arrive on time and reach destinations on time too. The Company shall not be held responsible or liable
For any delays (and/or arising consequential losses) that occur beyond its control.
- The rider will travel by the most appropriate route on the day, unless instructed otherwise by the Customer.
Additional instructions on the day of hire will incur additional costs.
- Any variations to the booking originally discussed, booked and agreed to between the Company and the Client may be subject to additional charges, if these changes involve extra time and/or distance being covered.
- Any deviation from the booking, as shown on your booking form and our subsequent confirmation i.e. to another destination will incur an additional cost.
- Any additional costs such as extra time or parking charges must be paid.
- If booking is for more than 2 hours long, all rides are entitled to 10 minutes break each hour. Two 15 minute breaks and 45 minutes break through the full day booking is
included in the hire time for all day bookings over 6 hours.
- Although tuktuks are covered by public liability insurance for passenger and third party claims under British Law, Customer’s properties are carried entirely at their own risk and the Company shall
not be held responsible/liable for any loss/damage to such property. Personal insurance is not included.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for the return of any property left in the vehicle and the hirer is responsible for arrangements for the safe return of their property.
- The Company accepts no responsibility nor will it be held liable in any way for any unforeseen circumstances such as mechanical breakdown, punctures, accident, traffic jams or severe weather conditions. The Company reserves the right to deviate from the route of a service in the event of marches, parades, road blockages or where reasonably prudent to do so in the light of circumstances beyond the Company’s control. However, should delays occur or hired tuktuk become permanently immobilised due to any of the aforesaid reasons or in circumstances beyond its control the company reserves the right to provide an alternative tuktuk where possible.
- The Company shall have no liability for any damage, loss, costs, claims or expenses (whether foreseeable or not) incurred or suffered by the client or the passenger(s) by virtue of eventualities or occurrences or omissions including on the part of the tuktuk rider outside of the reasonable control of The Company.
- The Company cannot be held responsible for any missed connections i.e.. flights, trains, boats due to adverse weather, traffic conditions, or road traffic accidents or road
closures, mechanical failure, riots, acts of god, accidents, illness or any other event beyond our control.
- If The Company cancels the booking it shall have no liability to the client or intended passenger(s) if it has used reasonable endeavours to fulfil the booking and to notify the client of the cancellation.
- In the event of any cancellation by the hirer, the Company must be notified in writing as soon as possible. If we are not notified in writing of your cancellation you will be
liable for the full payment of your booking. If the cancellation is within 8 weeks of your Booking date you are liable for a 50% refund. If cancellation is within the 28 days preceding your Booking date you are liable for payment in full.
- In the event of a “No-show” by the client, or if a booking is cancelled by the Customer within 28 of the start of the period of hire, any and all monies paid will be totally non-refundable.
- No liability can be accepted for clothing etc. being marked or dirtied in any way howsoever caused or by any means during the duration of your hire.
- Application and removal of your branding is done by you in the time you have hired the tuktuk.
- For branding only low tack adhesives that will not damage the TukTuk are allowed.
- Use of permanent or high tack adhesive or sharp objects to attach your branding is not allowed.
- The company must be consulted and agree to any additional decorations or branding on tuktuks.
- Riders can refuse the decoration if they feel it is compromising their safety, the safety of their passengers or others road users.
- Any fouling of the TukTuk by any passenger will result in a charge of a minimum of £50.00 dependant upon the severity of the fouling.
- Hirers will be held responsible for any damage to our tuktuks caused by the client’s or their guests regardless of cost for clean up or repairs i.e. spillage stains,
sickness, cigarette burns or tears to fabric etc.
- The company can not be held responsible if there is any restriction imposed by local authorities or by any other official authority on TukTuk advertising or for tuktuk passenger services! It is client’s responsibility to enquire about the local regulations and restrictions.
- The driver has the right to refuse any passenger that he feels may be a threat to him/herself or the vehicle.
- The Company reserves the right to terminate any and all services to rude and abusive clients
- The Company reserves the right to charge interest on unpaid invoices at the base rate of Bank of England plus 8% accruing on a daily basis and compounded on a 14 day
basis from the due date until full settlement.
- The client shall pay to The Company any reasonable expenses (including those charged by debt collection agency) together with all legal and court costs incurred in the collection of any overdue invoice and the minimum charge in respect of this shall be £10.00.
- 40. The Client may rent the TukTuk without a rider. In this case the client will be responsible to arrange their own liability insurance.
- 41. If the TukTuk is rented without rider, until the vehicle is returned client will be liable as hirer of the vehicle for damage, lost, theft, vandalism during the rental period. If there is damage on the TukTuk, we will get quote on the repair needed and the client must pay fully for the repair. If the TukTuk is stolen, the client must pay £5000 compensation for each lost or stolen tuktuk during the rental period.
- If the TukTuk is rented without a rider, it is client’s responsibility to check the TukTuk and point out any damage on TukTuk. Any damage raised after collection will be the client’s responsibility to put it right and the client will pay the repair.
- If the client providing the storage for the tuktuk, the client must make sure the storage is safe and secure at all times. CCTV covered.
- Nothing contained in these terms and conditions can affect the Client’s’ statutory rights.
- These Terms and Conditions override all others and the Company reserves the right to alter and amend these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
- The Company reserves the right to alter or vary these terms and conditions in any respect at its absolute discretion upon publishing the relevant alterations and of the date
upon which such alterations take affect on the website www.Londontuktuks.co.uk